Friends of Literacy is seeking applicants for a Part-time Program Director. Duties include but are not limited to: supervising teachers, program site visits, test administration, working with program partners, ordering supplies, maintaining database, assisting with special events, recruiting students, preparing reports, conflict resolution, public speaking, and recruiting, training, supervising and placing volunteers.
- Must have a least a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a minimum of three years of successful experience teaching.
- Former supervisory experience (preferred)
- Must have good organization and planning skills.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and have the ability to deal with students, teachers, program partners and the general public in a professional matter.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite and computers in general.
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to juggle many things at once.
Experience with event planning, managing volunteers or serving as a volunteer, public speaking, and nonprofits desired. Applicant should be self-motivated, have an outgoing personality, and have knowledge or experience with stated job tasks. This is a part-time 24 hour a week position with most hours taking place in the day with an occasional evening. Salary is based on experience and will range from $15-$16 an hour. To be considered you must send a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted until position is filled.