Outreach Intern sought for Friends of Literacy in downtown Knoxville. Applicant must have the ability to multitask, be self-directed, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have an outgoing personality, and be willing to learn about marketing and public relations for a non-profit organization. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Outreach Intern will assist FOL in promoting its events, programs, and overall mission through traditional media, social media, and other creative marketing efforts. This is a flexible position working 5-8 hours a week starting in September and ending in May. This is an unpaid position. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com by August 28.
Possible duties may include:
- Preparing press releases
- Scheduling media interviews
- Preparing text for marking pieces
- Placing promotion materials throughout community
- Attending FOL community events such as, but not limited to, student and volunteer fairs
- Updating social media sites including Facebook and Twitter
- Use of Microsoft Publisher or other design program to create promotional fliers and marketing pieces for fundraisers and programs• Assist with student recruitment
- Assist with event mailings
- Seek donations from local businesses
Education Requirement: Currently attending or recently graduated from college
Skills desired: Excellent writing skills, ability to communicate with a wide range of people, organizational skills, basic graphic design experience.