Program intern sought for Friends of Literacy in Knoxville. Applicant must have the ability to multitask, be self directed, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have an outgoing personality, and have a desire to learn about non-profit programs. Duties include but are not limited to student outreach, volunteer communications and event set up & clean up.
Education Requirements: Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a university.
This is a flexible position working 5-8 hours a week starting February 2014. This is an unpaid position. Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2014.
- Attending events and helping before and after with various tasks
- Placing student outreach materials in area businesses
- Working with adult education students one-on-one or in small groups
- Assisting with event mailings
- Working Friends of Literacy table at community events
- Assisting with volunteer training events
- General office duties including copying, filing etc.