Donate to Friends of Literacy
Helping Friends of Literacy is easier than ever. Simply decide how much you’d like to give to Friends of Literacy, and click the “Donate” button below to transfer your donation securely via PayPal. You may contribute Friends of Literacy with either an existing PayPal account or with a credit card.
Can’t decide how much to give? Every little bit helps.
- A $10 donation buys school supplies for one student.
- A $35 donation buys a textbook and dictionary for one student like David.
- A $50 donation purchases workbooks for one non-reader.
- A $75 donation covers the HiSET testing fee for a deserving student like Brandon.
- A $100 donation provides a month of instruction for one non-reader
- A $200 donation purchases a set of classic novels for the non-reader classroom.
Multiply your gift:
Many companies will match donations made by employees, spouses, retirees and directors. Please obtain the appropriate paperwork from your company. We will gladly help you complete it.
To send your donation by mail, please make your check payable to Friends of Literacy and mail to: Friends of Literacy, 900 E. Hill Ave., Suite 120, Knoxville, TN 37915.
Our Wish List
As with any non-profit organization, we depend on friends like you to assist us in getting things done. We have compiled a list of items that we wish we could have to further our mission and support our programs. If you are able to donate the item or the money for the item, please contact our office at 865-549-7007 or email@example.com.
- Ink pens
- Dry erase markers
- White one-inch, three-ring binders
- $10 gift cards to Target or Walmart to use as student prize
- Wide ruled notebook paper
- Printer paper
- White legal pads
- iTunes gift cards for learning apps
- Tab dividers with color-coded plastic tabs for inserts
- Hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Clorox wipes
- Trash can liners (24" by 24" small)
- Trash bags (large, heavy duty)
- Coffee, sugar, powdered creamer for students
- Student snacks
- Small stepladder
- Volunteer to be on call for handyman needs
- Clear plastic storage totes, any size
- Small picture hanging command strips
- New York Times subscription